Cooper Basin, Australia
About the Cooper Basin
- Australia’s largest onshore oil and gas development area.
- More than 165 gas fields and 103 oil fields discovered since 1963.
- Continued oil production success.
- Emergence of prolific oil production fairways.
- Existing gas infrastructure.
- Emerging unconventional resource plays.
- Access to service companies and transportation infrastructure.
Ex Pel 91 — Oil
Ex Pel's 106, 107, 632 and PPL 239 — Wet Gas
- Operated by Beach Energy, Australia's largest onshore oil producer.
- Numerous oil fields in production or being developed
- Multi-zone 'stacked' targets in Bauer and Pennington Fields
- Pay zones in McKinlay/Top Namur, Mid-Namur, and Birkhead Formations
- Compelling Economics
- High net back for oil and wet gas
- High flow rates
- Very high success rate
- Quick drill and tie-in.
- Active drilling program ongoing
- Excellent Infrastructure
- Year-round access
- Existing pipelines and facilities
- Excess oil being trucked to terminal
- Bauer facility expansion to 120,000 bfpd completed
- Stunsail and Pennington facilities - 20,000 bfpd each
- Located on Western Wet Gas Fairway, Cooper Basin
- Beach Energy and Santos involved
- Gas sales agreements in place between Beach and Santos on EX-PEL 632
- Multiple exploration and appraisal wells
- Production wells in EX-PEL 632 and 106
- Middleton gas processing facility